Wiki seeking other resources for CPC exam prep

Mrsrpc

Guru
Best answers
Since I need input from people who have passed the exam and are currently practicing, I did NOT want to post this in the student forum. Some of you have mentioned that other educational resources exist, but I am not sure what they are. What are your best tips for alternatives to AAPC prep for CPC (cost is an issue as I've already spent thousands on AAPC). TIA

Since I need input from people who have passed the exam and are currently practicing, I did NOT want to post this in the student forum. Some of you have mentioned that other educational resources exist, but I am not sure what they are. What are your best tips for alternatives to AAPC prep for CPC (cost is an issue as I've already spent thousands on AAPC). TIA

There are some who recommend YouTube videos from places like Contempo Coding and Hoang Nguyen (I think you could google his name + medical coding - I can't remember the name of his YouTube channel offhand.)

I haven't personally used those resources, but I see people talk about them frequently now. If the YouTube instructional coding videos existed when I took the CPC in 2018, I didn't know about them.

CCO has a CPC blitz. I didn't use that, but I did use their CPMA blitz and found it helpful. Based on that experience, I'd assume their CPC blitz is helpful too. It goes on sale periodically, so if you get on their mailing list you might find out about the next sale. (Usually around holidays, so perhaps one will be coming up for President's Day?)