Wiki Seeking for Medical Billing/Coding position

miyervang

Best answers
Mi Yer Vang
6509 21st Street N.│Oakdale, MN 55128│ (651) 783-2411│miyer.vang@icloud.com

OBJECTIVE
I have the ability to utilize my skills to assist in advancing to be part of the healthcare field, in which, I can see myself to grow with the organization. I am also eager to learn new skills within the business and technological advancements.

EDUCATIONS
Graduated from Office Technology- Medical in three majors:
? Certificate in Office Technology in Medical Office Support in 2012
? Diploma in Medical Administrative Technology in 2013
? Associate in Applied Science in Medical Office Assistant- Coder and Billing in 2013
Degrees earned from Century College, White Bear Lake, Minnesota with over all GPA 3.06.

CORE SKILLS

? Medical office software: Amisys Claims System, MACESS Exp, Epic, ACOM, Autum8, AHPM, Gateway, Cerner, and Encite
? Medical office: billing and coding, CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-9/10-CM, receptionist, medical records, and medical terminology
? Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
? Excellent multitasking, written, and verbal communication skills
? Proficiency in Microsoft: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
? Accurate typing speed of 50+ wpm and 10 Keystroke of 11,000 ksph
? Bilingual Hmong and English

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCES
Accountemps, Minneapolis, MN July 2013 ? Present
Healthcare
UCare, Minneapolis, MN
Claims Examiner Present
? Knowledge of Amisys Claims System and MACESS Exp programs
? Perform research on claims, resolve, process claims paper and/or electronic submitted for payment, and re-adjustment/recoup payment
? Make judgments regarding covered services by review member history and the appropriate application of plan policies and procedures
? Understand and accurately interpret health plan member certificates of coverage, provider contracts, state and federal rules and regulations
? Coordinate EOB?s with Commercial and Medicare

Dermatology Consultants, P.A., Saint Paul, MN November 2013
Patient Account Representative,
? Knowledge of Cerner and Encite programs
? In charged of billing for two clinics site out of the four clinics site in the metro area.
? Billed claims to Commercial, Medicare, and Medicaid insurance.
? Majority of my daily work was to do charge entry, pre-pricing charge tickets, scanning, work on pre-authorized and verify insurance coverage.
? Goal that I had achieved during my short term project with Dermatology Consultants, were to make the two days turn around to bill out all charge tickets to the insurance.

Midway Home Health Care, Inc, Saint Paul, MN June 2008 ? Present
Personal Care Attendant
? Caring and helping with dress, transportation, eating, grooming, and light housekeeping
? Accompanying client to medical appointment(s)

Wells Fargo Home Mortgage, Eagan, MN Apr. 2012 ? Nov. 2012
Subject Matter Expert (SME)/Operations Processor 2

DJO Incorporation/EMPI, Saint Paul, MN Oct. 2007 ? Apr. 2010
Record/Information Assistant

VOLUNTEER/INTERN
M.A.I. Spine Center, Saint Paul, MN May 2012 ? Aug. 2012
Medical Billing, CA, Medical Records, and Medical Administrative ? Intern
? Knowledge in Epic, ACOM, Autum8, AHPM, and Gateway
? Greeted all visitors, check-in patients?, answered phone, scheduled, and provided necessary paperwork for patients to fill out, and Interpreter for Hmong patients'
? Made calls to set appointment for the patients when they are being referred to another provider
? Released medical records to authorization provider, attorney, and insurance company and/or to person of interested
? Billed medical claims to insurance companies for payment, work with denial claims, and send unpaid/paid bill to attorney as request

American Red Cross of MN, Saint Paul, MN Oct. 2010 ? Nov. 2012

HealthEast Transportation, Saint Paul, MN Oct. 2011 ? Oct. 2011

CERTIFIED
AAPC Certified Professional Coder Expected June 2014