Wiki Seeking CPT Code for Vaginal Myomectomy

paynemedbill

Contributor
Best answers
Hello to all. Operative notes read: D&C hysteroscopy with vaginal myomectomy and IUD removal. I believe the correct CPT codes would be 58561 and 58562 with modifier 51. Any and all suggestions and/or comments would be greatly appreciated.

1.Where is the D& C component of the surgery in your 58561 (Hysteroscopic D&C goes with 58558)
2. was it a polyp like single pedunculated myoma in the uterine cavity or multiple myomas?.
If it was like a polyp hanging towards the cavity/or and a single myoma, I would prefer for 58558 which includes D&C.
So, my preference is for 58558 and 58562, with a report from the physician about the details of the mass( either myoma or polyp whatever she documents) and a note saying histopathology report awaited.
You can not convert the multiple myoma code into a myoma code especially when the description does not state the term as MYOMA /or MYOMATA; just my openion.
By the way all Hysteroscopic procedures are vaginal approach.
There is no separate code for hysteroscopic D&C alone !!?? Physician do not do that and absolutely no necessary for "alone' hysteroscopic D&C.
Where as it can be combined while the hysteroscopic procedures are intended for some thing else.
OR report D&C as a separate procedure as an additional code along with two codes. But still I do not agree with 58561being reported for a single myoma.
Diagnostic Code assigned?!

Last edited: