Wiki Scribes

I don't see why not.

as long as there is a statement stating that the note was documented by a scribe, per the provider and the note is signed by the performing provider (not the scribe) it should be okay.

we have a provider who has his MAs scribe for him.
here is an article I found on the AHIMA website:
AHIMA article on scribes

here is one thing to consider (as mentioned in the article above):
"Third party payers may have specific guidelines for how a scribe documents and how the electronic signature must be applied. Each facility must contact their third party payers for any further requirements"

They could, but why would the practice want to spend their time that way from a cost perspective? Wouldn't it be better for them to be seeing patients?

"If an NPP is utilized and acting as a scribe for the physician, the medical record should clearly indicate the NPP is acting as a scribe. This applies to all scribed encounters, whether scribing was performed by licensed clinical staff or other ancillary staff."

I think it could be questionable if it is not 100% clear the PA scribing was only doing that function. It could set up issues upon audit and question in my opinion. See here also:

Who can act as a scribe?​

The scribe is only recording the words and descriptions of the service performed and verbalized by the practitioner. Since scribes have no patient care responsibilities, there are no training or background requirements regarding who can act as a scribe.
Although there are no documented restrictions as to who can act as a scribe, payers have expressed concern about residents or NPPs acting as scribes because of their ability to independently evaluate the patient separate from the physician and the difficulty in separating documentation performed when acting as a scribe versus documentation of services performed as a healthcare provider.

The NP we hired is new and she is in training and we were hoping to have her scribe. My questions is can a NP scribe for another NP is the scribing and attestation is correct.

The NP we hired is new and she is in training and we were hoping to have her scribe. My questions is can a NP scribe for another NP is the scribing and attestation is correct.
Gotcha.
I think they could provided all the requirements are met for a scribe to document.

Yes, just make sure both providers understand the requirements. As noted above, the scribe cannot add (or subtract) anything from the note. For example - if the patient has a rash on their face and both hands, but the treating NP only discusses the rash on the patient's face, the scribe can't add anything about the hands.

I'm trying to figure out what POS to use for an OBS patient now that the codes are the same as inpatient?
I haven't found specifics on POS.. Anyone have a link or answer for this?