Wiki scar neuroma injections

Zellerdh

Best answers
I have been struggling with this one lately myself. Recently had both an injection and a destruction by injuction and was not sure what to use. After reading the responses posted here, I still am not 100% sure what codes were the right ones. I believe the 64640 woud be correct for destruction, but is it the 64450 or the 11900 for the injection? If the 11900 code is correct that would indicate a lesion being injected which then makes me wonder if I should use 17000 and +17003 for the destruction? Very confusing:eek: I code surgical procedures for anesthesia and our pain clinic has just started doing these injections in peds in the OR, so I'm stumped. Thanks for any input that anyone has.

neuroma injection

From what I'm seeing, since you're addressing a nerve (neuroma), I think it would be the 64450 for the injection. The 11900 addresses a lesion but doesn't mention nerve. Also, the 17000 would not be correct as that is for pre-malignant lesions. I think the 64640 would be correct for destruction, 64450 for the injection. Hope that helps.

Kellie

Thanks Kellie;). That was my inclination, but just wanted some support in the decision to use those codes. I appreciate the input.