Wiki SART SANE exam by RN HELP please!

pammalou

Networker
Best answers
How do you charge out for the nurses exam/evaulation/treatment of SART/SANE patient? They are wanting to charge 99215 for adult forensic exam, 99214 for pediatric forensic exam and 99215 for domestic voilence exam. Forensic photos are 99080, follow up medical exam 99241. I thought that nurse only exam was only 99211. MD does have standing orders for patients however they are not "seeing" the patient...HELP please

How do you charge out for the nurses exam/evaulation/treatment of SART/SANE patient? They are wanting to charge 99215 for adult forensic exam, 99214 for pediatric forensic exam and 99215 for domestic voilence exam. Forensic photos are 99080, follow up medical exam 99241. I thought that nurse only exam was only 99211. MD does have standing orders for patients however they are not "seeing" the patient...HELP please

An RN cannot perform an E&M service in lieu of the provider. A 99211 is still a provider level that the provider charges when the qualified person is the one with the patient carrying out the providers orders from a previous encounter. I have never heard of an RN going along with this type of policy. You might need to contact your state board of nursing for confirmation.