Wiki SARSCOV2 & INF A&B AMP PRB , CLIA waived (CPT Code 87636)

rballinger

Best answers
When a provider performs a test for Influenza A & B, the provider bills for both strains. Is this the same with 87636? (Infectious agent detection by nucleic acid (DNA or RNA); severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARSCoV-2) (Coronavirus disease [COVID-19]) and influenza virus types A and B, multiplex amplified probe technique). When I checked to see how many units are allowed per day and it's three. Any idea if we are suppose to bill for each component of the test?

Hi, rballinger
No, it is not the same. You really need to review your facility's lab catalog at this point. The scenario you portrayed has so many testing scenarios, I am unsure how to respond. I am unsure which facility you work for in GA but if you just google your facility and lab resources - I am hopeful you may obtain that information. If you need additional help, PM me your facility and I'll try to help you locate the laboratory catalog for your facility okay.
Thank you for listening,
Dana Chock, CPC, CANPC, CHONC, CPMA, CPB, RHIT

Hi, rballinger
No, it is not the same. You really need to review your facility's lab catalog at this point. The scenario you portrayed has so many testing scenarios, I am unsure how to respond. I am unsure which facility you work for in GA but if you just google your facility and lab resources - I am hopeful you may obtain that information. If you need additional help, PM me your facility and I'll try to help you locate the laboratory catalog for your facility okay.
Thank you for listening,
Dana Chock, CPC, CANPC, CHONC, CPMA, CPB, RHIT
Thank you, Dana. You confirmed what I thought. One of my providers asked me to look into this further, she thought we should be billing for each component. I felt it all bundled into one code.