Wiki Same drug administered twice on same date

alannae

Networker
Best answers
I am looking for clarification on what to do when the patient requires a second dose of Benadryl. Here's what happened:

Patient received premeds which included Benadryl (30min) (among other drugs). Then received Taxol and had a reaction. Taxol was stopped and Solu-medrol was given by push followed by andother dose of Benadryl by push.

Can I bill a 96367 and 96375 for the Benadryl adminstration? What is the rule for this and where can I find it?

Thanks!

Alanna

Since the drug was given two different ways, one was an infusion and one was via a push I am not finding any information as to why you can't bill two different "work" codes in this type of scenario.

We bill 5FU on the same DOS with two different work codes, IVP and IVIP for the pump.

Would love to hear other opinions on this.

Michelle,

I am having trouble with one particular insurance company not wanting to pay for both the push and refill of the pump for 5FU on day 2 of Folfox (96409 and 96521). They are paying for the push and pump initiation on day 1 (96411 and 96416). Any thoughts? They have denied my first round of appeals.

Thanks!

Alanna Esler