Wiki Rx drug mgmt

krotroff

Contributor
Best answers
If a pt comes in for a procrit injection and there is no history documented, weight, BP and pulse are documented (constitutional) can the drug injection count for rx drug management? The dose didn't change from the previous visit. The physician wants to charge 99212. Thanks

You cannot charge a visit level if the only reason for the encounter is to receive an injection, you use injection admin code and the J code for the drug

That seems to be the consensus, I just needed others to validate what I also believe and must now tell the doctors, thanks.

This patient is solely came for prescription refill/injection, for this service no need for physician attendance to validate, even nurse also can able to(qualify) do this visit. for this service 99212 it wont qualifies for three key components as well four contributory factors, even though here there is no problem mentioning to take as prescription drug management.99211 it qualifies to bill for this service otherwise use injection administration code and j code for drug. we cannot code both together.

I hope it will help so.