Wiki Rx Drug Management

toria11

Guru
Best answers
I work with urologists. If a patient in the the hospital with a UTI, for example, and the urologist orders cultures and forms a treatment plan but states "antibiotics per infectious disease," they cannot get prescription drug management credit for that, correct? If my understanding is correct, they are ordering the administration of antibiotics but are essentially handing off the management of that medication to another department, right?

I work with urologists. If a patient in the the hospital with a UTI, for example, and the urologist orders cultures and forms a treatment plan but states "antibiotics per infectious disease," they cannot get prescription drug management credit for that, correct? If my understanding is correct, they are ordering the administration of antibiotics but are essentially handing off the management of that medication to another department, right?
That is not prescription drug management. No actual medication specified. ID will be managing the medication. ID gets the credit.