Wiki RVU's

LStana

Networker
Best answers
Our physician wants to countersign every office note that his physician's assistant has seen in order to obtain more RVU's. I told him that he will have to see every patient as well as countersign the office note. He wants this is writing, but now I am having trouble finding the documentation. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

SO is the PA the one actually seeing the patient? Are you wanting to bill using the physician NPI? IS the physician present at the time the patient is being seen by the PA? Has the physician previously examined the patient for the same thing and written a plan of care that the PA is following?

The PA is the one actually seeing the patient, but the doc would like for us to bill under his NPI. Documentation that I find indicates that the physician must perform the initial service and must remain actively involved in the course of treatment. Does he have to see the patient after that initial treatment? My supervisor told me that he has to go into each room and see the patient briefly, but I am not finding any documentation that indicates this. All I am finding is that he must be present in the office. Thank you.