Wiki RVUs

KaylaRieken

True Blue
Best answers
I am taking the CUC exam and I took the practice exam yesterday. Where do I find the RVUs? Here at work I have my CPT book (Optum 360 Current Procedural Coding Expert) and the RVUs are listed next to the CPT code along with what modifiers I can use for the code. post op days, and other information. For the exam I ordered the AMA CPT Professional Book (because you can't use any other book) and I have no information listed by the CPT codes. Where do I find the RVUs?

I'm not familiar with the specialty exams but in the COC there were some reference tables in an appendix to be used to answer some questions. There shouldn't be anything on the exam that you cant answer with the allowed references. I cant think of any other sources with RVU since AMA is not involved in RVU's

I guess I am a little confused. While I was taking the practice exam, it was asking what cpt code is first? then second? I was getting them wrong, and it said to list them by the RVUs. If the RVUs are not listed next to the CPT code in the book, I am unsure where to find them.

the entire RVU file can be found on the CMS website, although I am not sure if you can use this on the exam. The RVUs are updated quarterly. Look for 2017 RVUB(B= 2nd quarter)