Wiki Rural Health Clinics

alysn1drlnd

Best answers
Does anyone know where I can find information on RHC? I'm looking for info on the providers scope of practice (if the NP or PA have more scope in RHC than in regular clinic when it comes to what they are authorized to prescribe etc) and also if they are to follow the regular coding guidelines for their E/M and acuity level assingments..all I can find is what qualifies a place to be RHC and how to submit the claim etc...

Thanks!

Does anyone know where I can find information on RHC? I'm looking for info on the providers scope of practice (if the NP or PA have more scope in RHC than in regular clinic when it comes to what they are authorized to prescribe etc) and also if they are to follow the regular coding guidelines for their E/M and acuity level assingments..all I can find is what qualifies a place to be RHC and how to submit the claim etc...

Thanks!

We are a RHC/FQHC practice. The providers scope of practice does not change for the physician, NP, PA, LCSW, etc. The rules are the same whether you are RHC or not. In regards to coding, while you will submit the Rev Code to Medicare you still have to list out the individual codes for tracking purposes. Yes, the coding guidelines remain the same as well as leveling of services for E&M, CCI edits, etc. Most of this information is located on the CMS website. Try searching under FQHC and RHC. The guidelines for billing rules are generally the same. I want to say it is in Chapter 13 or 18. Sorry, I am working from home and my documentation is at work. Good luck. It is tough to find info on these.