Wiki Rotator Cuff

pajohnson

Guru
Best answers
Hi all-
I want just wanting to clarify that if the patient has a RC tear it could be in any of the 3 compatments of the shoulder? Correct?

For example:
Dr billed 29828(Bicpes Tenodesis) and 29826(Acromplasty /subacrominal debridement) for Medicare-which I agree with. But the patient also had a RC tear which was not billed (29827). I am thinking that this is the reason...
Can somebody please help!!
Thanks,

Hi all-
I want just wanting to clarify that if the patient has a RC tear it could be in any of the 3 compatments of the shoulder? Correct?

For example:
Dr billed 29828(Bicpes Tenodesis) and 29826(Acromplasty /subacrominal debridement) for Medicare-which I agree with. But the patient also had a RC tear which was not billed (29827). I am thinking that this is the reason...
Thanks,

If the physician dictated an arthroscopic rotator cuff repair, you can bill 29827 29828 29826. Medicare does not bundle the two together. Be sure that a distal clavicle resection wasn't missed either. If performed, you can add 29824-51.

Hope this helps!

Hi all-

For example:
Thanks,

It does not affect your billing in this case but... I am not aware of any payor who splits the shoulder into compartments...I know Medicare does not, not sure if you are aware.