Wiki RN & LPN Billing Codes For Juvenile Residential Treatment Facility

Best answers
I work at a Juvenile Residential Treatment Facility working with behavioral health, mental health and alcohol and drug services. I'm trying to figure out what codes I can use for my RN & LPN's to bill nursing assessments when our new youth arrive, seeing a youth when they come to see them for a complaint that may require a trip to an outside provider, medication distribution and drug testing after an AWOL or return from a home visit.

I am still completing my CPB course and I'm working with our nurses so we can start billing for their services.

Any help would be so appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

RNs and LPNs cannot bill separately for professional services performed in a facility - in a facility, nurses are an overhead cost so the charges for their services would be incorporated into the facility claim billed on the UB form. Nurses can only bill professional services when performed in a physician office and when meeting all of the 'incident to' requirements, unless your facility has a specific contractual arrangement with a payer to do otherwise.

Last edited: