Wiki Risk Adjustment Chart Reviews

em2177

Expert
Best answers
Is anyone doing risk adjustment chart reviews, if so when are you starting your process. I know the due date to submit all the data is 9/9/09. How far in advanced are you booking the appointments with the provider offices. I just want to compare information since I am thinking of starting my audits in May.
Thanks,

Wow!!

Depends on how many office syou need to review. We are starting to do ours on Monday. This practice is very large and the doctors will be on vacation, so the office manager want us in at that time "so we won't be in their way"
Our department is still new, and we still have a lot to do. There are already two office that want us to strat reviewing their chart.
Now remember even though the deadline is 09/09/09 you should be submitting early, just to make sure all of your data gets in.
Question - Are you planining on doing an exit interview? I am in charge of creating an exit interview with my team so when they go and do chart review they will also schedule a session on how their progress note and how they Risk Adjustment works.

Me too!

We will be starting ours mid April. Will you be going on site to do electronic medical records as well? Our department is new too, and there is still alot to do, and some very large clinics that cover 2 counties.

I had not planned on doing an exit interview. We have been doing Risk Adjustment presentations with the providers since late Fall to educate them on Risk Adjustment.

I'm glad to know there are others out there like me! It's great to share information.

Linda M. CPC, CMA

Thanks for the info guys. Hinditina, what type of exit interviews do you provide to your physician offices. Would you happen to have a example that you can send me? I would like to incorporate this into my chart reviews since most of the offices that I visit have many issues with documentation. It would be a great if I can sit down with the office manager to let him/her know in what areas the physician needs improvement.
Thanks for your help!! :)

sure

Once i have gotten it down pack i'll let you. In the past once I was done reviewing charts, depending on what the pcp weakness was in coding I would empahsis that in my presentation. That if I got lucky to get an audenice with the PCP other wise, I would have my presentation the office manger. I would also have a breif presentation with the Office Manager anyways to let her know why are we doing this and what are we looking for. That the office manager is in the loop.

With the company that I am currently working, diagnosis that haven't been address we have come up with a queries after our chart review, we have to firgure out a way to meet with the doctor and let them know are finding and firgure out a way to tactful expalin coding and documentation and the impact they can contribute to thier patient my documentating.