Wiki Right SI joint Radiofrequency thermal ablation

Ksumansky

Best answers
Hello my fellow coders!

I am fit to be tied on the following Pain management procedure. There is very little information ( that is not extremely confusing) out there on how to code for a SI joint Radiofrequency thermal ablation under fluoroscopic guidance. So any help would be highly appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Asceptic preparation of the lumbosacrum was done with Betadine. Total of 5 mL of preservative free 2% Xylocaine was injected in the skin and subcutaneous tissue. 100 mm long straight tip 3 RF cannulas were used to enter into the sacroiliac joint. First cannula was placed at S5, second one placed at S3, and third one was placed at L5 ramus. AP,oblique, and lateral views were obtained. The patient did not report any pain or paresthesia. No CSF or heme was aspirated. A total of 10 mL of 0.25% Bupivacaine was injected to localize the sacroiliac joint area. After proper confirmation of needle placement and negative pain and paresthesia, a total of 4 lesions were induced. All 4 lesions were induced at 80 degree centigrade for 90 seconds. The patient tolerated the procedure well. Following stable vital signs, 80 mg of DepoMedrol was injected at the end of the procedure.

The MD states to code it as 64622 Rt and 64623 RT x3.

???????????????????????????????

I am only reading 3 levels. So I would code 64622-RT, 64623-RT and 64623-RT ...really not too much info on the fluoro in the op note.... but maybe 77003 {wordy pain management doctors- LOL}