Wiki Right Heart Cath question

jlb102780

Guru
Best answers
Good Morning all :D

One of my doctors has ordered a patient to have a right heart cath with a left ventriculogram. It is not a congenital case. I'm not finding a good CPT code for this procedure.

The dictated report states that the patient has a history of Ventricular Septal Defect. And a Right heart cath was requested to try to measure his shunt fraction more accurately. A left ventriculogram was requested also to try to visualize the VSD.

Any ideas on a good CPT code?

Good Morning all :D

One of my doctors has ordered a patient to have a right heart cath with a left ventriculogram. It is not a congenital case. I'm not finding a good CPT code for this procedure.

The dictated report states that the patient has a history of Ventricular Septal Defect. And a Right heart cath was requested to try to measure his shunt fraction more accurately. A left ventriculogram was requested also to try to visualize the VSD.

Any ideas on a good CPT code?

What about code 93453, Right & Left Heart Cath with/without left ventriculography

If a left ventriculography is being done, then the aortic valve is being crossed and you have both a right/left heart cath.

Jessica CPC, CCC