Wiki REVISION OF TIBIAL BEARING UNICOMPARTMENTAL KNEE

RebeccaMoney

Expert
Best answers
I need help with the above CPT. I know that 27486-52 for a total but what about revising a uni?
Description: ...A parapatellar arthrotomy was performed. The bearing had dislocated anterior. The poly bearing was removed and examined. Tibial bearings were then inserted.
Thank you,

I need help with the above CPT. I know that 27486-52 for a total but what about revising a uni?
Description: ...A parapatellar arthrotomy was performed. The bearing had dislocated anterior. The poly bearing was removed and examined. Tibial bearings were then inserted.
Thank you,
Disclaimer: I would have to read the operative report to be 100% sure on this one.

It appears that they only revised the tibial bearings and I would code that as 27486.52. My perspective is that regardless of this being a uni or total, it is still a revision. I would append the 52 modifier because it doesn't fully encompass the description of 27486 due to the tibial component not being replaced (only its bearings were replaced). The 52 modifier will likely trigger a request for records and you should have no problem getting it paid after submitting your records.