Wiki Revenue Code Assistance

Best answers
Hello, I am wondering if anyone has found something that can assist with Revenue Code comprehension? I am only able to find Revenue Codes and their Descriptions, but I am unable to find anything that can give a more in depth description of when to use certain revenue codes. Perhaps a Class, Book or Webinar I am able to gain access to?

Hello, I am wondering if anyone has found something that can assist with Revenue Code comprehension? I am only able to find Revenue Codes and their Descriptions, but I am unable to find anything that can give a more in depth description of when to use certain revenue codes. Perhaps a Class, Book or Webinar I am able to gain access to?

There isn't really a lot more detail than the descriptions of each revenue code. Revenue Code assignment is pretty straightforward.

If you're billing on a UB-04, the revenue codes associated with each service item should be set up automatically by the person who maintains the chargemaster. For the most part, a biller shouldn't have to assign a revenue code manually. (Or if they do, it should be a rare exception.)

The National Uniform Billing Committee maintains the data specifications for UB-04 billing, including Revenue Codes. https://www.nubc.org/