Wiki Retrograde and Antegrade

Keres81

Networker
Best answers
Could someone who is familiar with Cardiology please validate for me that I have the correct understanding on how this works?
It's a question I have for one of my tests and I'd just like to know if my understanding on it has any flaws in it. ;)

Procedure:
A catheter is inserted through a right common femoral artery access site, then into the aorta for abdominal aortography, and finally positioned at the right common iliac artery for unilateral lower extremity angiography.

Now of course, being a newb, I answered incorrectly and answered 36140 ( Common Iliac ) When the correct answer was 36200 (aorta)
Is 36200 the answer because it is the farthest that the catheter is advanced to and the answer is NOT 36140 because the catheter was retracted back to it? Also is it considered Non-Selective because it only went to the Aorta and not into a Vascular family?

Also...

A. For cases in which the catheter is inserted in an antegrade direction, the catheter must be manipulated through a bifurcation. This would involve moving the catheter from the access site away from the aorta and to either the right or left side of a fork in the downstream arterial pathway. An example of this would be a procedure involving antegrade vascular access in the right common femoral artery and catheter placement into the right superficial femoral artery. (This would be coded as Selective right? Because the Catheter went into a vascular family yes? Is the correct answer 36245?)

B. For cases in which the catheter is inserted in a retrograde direction, the catheter must first enter the aorta and then be manipulated into a vascular family that is unique from the one in which the vascular access was made. For example, retrograde right common femoral vascular access followed by catheter manipulation into the aorta and then into the left common iliac artery. (This would be a Non Selective Procedure correct? Because the placement of the catheter doesn't go through a bifurcation into a vascular family yes? This would also be 36245?)

So that's the understanding I have of this situation now. If any of you know if this information is accurate or incorrect, PLEASE tell me so I know what to fix!. I want to pass my test!
Thank you all in advance for taking the time to read my post!. ^_^