Wiki Retinal coding global period

natalyherba

Best answers
Good evening, one of my colleagues is arguing that in the global surgery period she can bill 92134/92250, for a post-op visit. I have knowledge in the post-op period all dx tests performed in the same eye of the sx should be in 0 ?

Can someone help me may correct this?

Good evening, one of my colleagues is arguing that in the global surgery period she can bill 92134/92250, for a post-op visit. I have knowledge in the post-op period all dx tests performed in the same eye of the sx should be in 0 ?

Can someone help me may correct this?
Your colleague is correct, diagnostic tests are never included in the global surgical package, so these may be billed, unless a particular payer has a specific policy that says otherwise. As a reference, see pages 6-7 of Medicare's Global Surgery Booklet, where you can find a detailed list of which services are included or excluded from the global package.

The following services are not included in the global surgical payment. These services may be billed and paid for separately:
  • Diagnostic tests and procedures, including diagnostic radiological procedures

Last edited:
Your colleague is correct, diagnostic tests are never included in the global surgical package, so these may be billed, unless a particular payer has a specific policy that says otherwise. As a reference, see pages 6-7 of Medicare's Global Surgery Booklet, where you can find a detailed list of which services are included or excluded from the global package.

The following services are not included in the global surgical payment. These services may be billed and paid for separately:
  • Diagnostic tests and procedures, including diagnostic radiological procedures
Thank you for your response,I read the Global surgery Booklets and I got confuse this ins is healthsun and the dx test is related to the sx …. But thank you for help me appreciate I’m new in the field in coding aérea , I came from auth dept collection so I need to learn more . Thank you