Wiki Required documentation in Procedure Note for TESI?

Best answers
Is there any language around the required elements in a Procedure in Detail note? I have a record I am reviewing that is stated to be an L4-5 B TESI in procedure header; but the procedure in detail note mentions the spinal needle "advanced towards the 6 o'clock position of the pedicle at L4-5 and L5-S1 on the right." Then 0.5 mL of contrast injected "reveled spread along the nerve root." no uptake seen...then injected with lidocaine and betamethasone at each level.

L4-5 B TESI in procedure header; but the procedure in detail note mentions the spinal needle "advanced towards the 6 o'clock position of the pedicle at L4-5 and L5-S1 on the right." Then 0.5 mL of contrast injected "reveled spread along the nerve root." no uptake seen...then injected with lidocaine and betamethasone at each level.

I would look at what was ordered to be performed and what was consented for:

It appears the narrative section of the note describes CPT 64483 64484 on the right side being performed. The procedure heading though, describes potentially 64483-50????

L4-5 B TESI in procedure header; but the procedure in detail note mentions the spinal needle "advanced towards the 6 o'clock position of the pedicle at L4-5 and L5-S1 on the right." Then 0.5 mL of contrast injected "reveled spread along the nerve root." no uptake seen...then injected with lidocaine and betamethasone at each level.

I would look at what was ordered to be performed and what was consented for:

It appears the narrative section of the note describes CPT 64483 64484 on the right side being performed. The procedure heading though, describes potentially 64483-50????
The CONSENT! Awesome!! Thanks...

So, you do see enough info to bill an epidural?

The procedure note is sufficient documentation to bill for the procedures performed, but it is important to request the heading match the narrative section.