Wiki replacing liner total shoulder

scooter1

Expert
Best answers
I know this is putting the cart before the horse, but my doctor has a patient with a total
shoulder replacement. He is going in to do exploration and more than likely to replace the liner. ( I don't have notes yet, this is from his scheduler). So that has me wondering
about the coding. It really wouldn't be a total shoulder revision ( if he is just exchanging the liner ). Of course, I will wait for the operative report to do the actual coding for
this particular patient, but for future general knowlege purposes, how would you code just an exchange of the liner on a shoulder ?
Would really like some input on this ?
Thank you

I know this is putting the cart before the horse, but my doctor has a patient with a total
shoulder replacement. He is going in to do exploration and more than likely to replace the liner. ( I don't have notes yet, this is from his scheduler). So that has me wondering
about the coding. It really wouldn't be a total shoulder revision ( if he is just exchanging the liner ). Of course, I will wait for the operative report to do the actual coding for
this particular patient, but for future general knowlege purposes, how would you code just an exchange of the liner on a shoulder ?
Would really like some input on this ?
Thank you

You would probably be looking at 23470-52 or 23472-52 if it's a liner excahnge only. The 52 mod will show that component was not taken out.