Wiki Rented Space

jbarone

Best answers
If a provider uses xray equipment and office space that is not his space, how can we bill for this? The MD would be using the equipment 2 times a week however has his own practice that does his billing. How would we bill for the actual use of the equipment under our practice?

I'm not quite clear of the arrangment that you are describing...is he renting space to practice, or just using the machine that you own?

Generally whoever owns the machine would bill the technical component (TC), and whoever reads the xray bills the professional component (26).

If the doc is paying to rent the machine, and is also reading the xray and doing the report, he can bill the global procedure (no modifier)

Thank you. It is a rented space situation. I knew of the TC and 26, but wasn't clear on how or who we would bill the TC under--provider in our practice?

If you are renting space and I assume the x-ray equipment is part of that agreement then you could bill the x-ray complete. You will not need a TC or 26 modifier on the code. if the x-ray machine is not part of the rental agreement then you would use a 26 modifier. I hope that clarifies your question. :)