Wiki Renal arteriogram

brandyleigh23

Networker
Best answers
I am having some trouble with coding this report, can someone help me?

HISTORY OF PRESENT ILLNESS: Ms. X is a pleasant woman who has had significant hypertension. She has had a recent cardiac catheterization. She is suspected of having a possible signigicant renal artery stenosis. She is referred for a diagnostic and interventional study to try to evaluate her renal status.

PROCEDURE NOTE:

The patient was prepped and draped in the usual manner. The right femoral artery was punctured by the Selinger technique. A 6 French sheath was intorduced in the right femoral artery. Through this sheath, a 6 French LIMA guiding catheter was used to engage the left renal artery. Selective angiogram of the left renal artery was performed. The catheter was also used to do a selective angiogram of the right renal artery.

After identification of a significant stenosis in the right renal artery, a 0.014 Spartacore wire was advanced across the stenosis in the right renal artery. Over this wire, a 4 mm x 2 cm balloon was used to dilate the lesion. Subsequent to this , a 4.5 mm x 18 mm Genesis stent was positioned across the stenosis and depolyed.

Closing agiography was performed.

An angiogram of the right lower extremity was also performed. The catheter was removed at that time.

*Here are the codes I am using for this report. Can someone please let me know if I am right or if I need to change some things... I am coding in an office for my doc that performed this at the hospital. Thank you to anyone that can offer advice!

36245-59 x2
75724-26-59

75966-26

75960-26

Brandy Edmondson, CPC

I am having some trouble with coding this report, can someone help me?

HISTORY OF PRESENT ILLNESS: Ms. X is a pleasant woman who has had significant hypertension. She has had a recent cardiac catheterization. She is suspected of having a possible signigicant renal artery stenosis. She is referred for a diagnostic and interventional study to try to evaluate her renal status.

PROCEDURE NOTE:

The patient was prepped and draped in the usual manner. The right femoral artery was punctured by the Selinger technique. A 6 French sheath was intorduced in the right femoral artery. Through this sheath, a 6 French LIMA guiding catheter was used to engage the left renal artery. Selective angiogram of the left renal artery was performed. The catheter was also used to do a selective angiogram of the right renal artery.

After identification of a significant stenosis in the right renal artery, a 0.014 Spartacore wire was advanced across the stenosis in the right renal artery. Over this wire, a 4 mm x 2 cm balloon was used to dilate the lesion. Subsequent to this , a 4.5 mm x 18 mm Genesis stent was positioned across the stenosis and depolyed.

Closing agiography was performed.

An angiogram of the right lower extremity was also performed. The catheter was removed at that time.

*Here are the codes I am using for this report. Can someone please let me know if I am right or if I need to change some things... I am coding in an office for my doc that performed this at the hospital. Thank you to anyone that can offer advice!

36245-59 x2
75724-26-59

75966-26

75960-26

Brandy Edmondson, CPC

Brandy,
You did ok . But I would not code for the balloon 35471 75966. This would be included in the stent placement. Make sure to add your LT and RT onto your 36245 codes.

Thank you Theresa :)

I know the stent is a higher valued service vs the angioplasty, but I was confused if this was just for coronary interventions. I've only been doing Cardiology 5 months and I don't quite have everything down pat yet! I looked in the guidelines of the sections I selected my CPT codes from and it did not tell me to include or not include the angio with stent..

I appreciate you reading the report and your quick response ;)
I will be sure to add my LT and RT and not include the ballooning.

Brandy Edmondson, CPC

Thank you Theresa :)

I know the stent is a higher valued service vs the angioplasty, but I was confused if this was just for coronary interventions. I've only been doing Cardiology 5 months and I don't quite have everything down pat yet! I looked in the guidelines of the sections I selected my CPT codes from and it did not tell me to include or not include the angio with stent..

I appreciate you reading the report and your quick response ;)
I will be sure to add my LT and RT and not include the ballooning.

Brandy Edmondson, CPC

Brandy,
Your welcome. I notice your post here and see you are learning pretty fast. It isn't easy! :)