Wiki Remote Orthopedic - Aviacode is looking

jschmutz

Guru
Best answers
Hi Fellow Coders!

Aviacode is looking for a part-time or full-time ROCK STAR Orthopedic E/M coder. This is a remote contracted position but you must be able to commit to a minimum of 15 hours a week.

• Reports to: Coding Supervisor
• Employment Status: Remote Contracted Position

Position Summary
Contracted coder to code outpatient (clinic) and some inpatient orthopedic E/M charts in a teaching facility with a coding accuracy of 95% or above. Must be able to commit to a minimum of 15 hours a week.

Skills & Qualifications
• Office visit E/M coding specific to orthopedics with NPP's and residents.
• In-office procedures specific to orthopedics.
• Teaching guidelines in a teaching facility.
• Commit to coding a minimum of 50 Ortho E/M charts per day, or 225-250 charts per week, or 475-550 per pay period (about 10-15 hours a week).
• 3+ years' experience actively coding or auditing orthopedic E/M
• Experience in EPIC a plus.
• coding experience in Hem/Onc, Pediatrics (NICU, CC), adult and pediatric cardiology also a plus.

You must have experience coding in a teaching facility, know what an appropriate attestation is, and know when to apply the GC modifier. Do not apply if you do not have experience in the above areas.

This is for a remote coding position. You must have access to your own Windows based computer with high speed internet access.

Background on Aviacode:
Aviacode is a coding company. We code for physicians, hospitals, and ASC's in their system via VPN, or on our own coding platform called Procoder. Procoder allows clients to send their medical records, op-reports, visit notes, etc., to us, to then be coded by us on our coding platform. After the reports are coded (and checked by a quality assurance supervisor) the coding results are sent back to the client either electronically where they are automatically entered into the clients system, or manually where the client will then manually enter them into their system.

If you are interested and you meet or exceed ALL the above requirements please send your RESUME in a .doc format (WORD) using the subject header “REMOTE ORTHO E/M CODING POSITION – YOUR NAME� to Jennifer.Schmutz@aviacode.com and in the body of the email include a short summary of your experience coding for residents/attendings as well as your orthopedic E/M experience.

Please do not apply if you do not meet or exceed the above qualifications.

Has anyone contacted 'Precision Coder'?

I was wondering what Kristi Stumpf, formerly of Proliance Surgeons, is doing these days?

She gave a couple of wonderful presentations on Spine and Hand Surgeries at the First Hill -Seattle Chapter of AAPC in 2011. (Perhaps the First Hill officers may have stayed in touch with her?)

She is an experienced orthopedic coder with integrity who believes in being OIG compliant and following CMS and correct coding guidelines.

Last time I checked, her e-mail address was precisioncoder@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Just thought I'd mention that though I would imagine she's already plugged in somewhere by now (unless she's doing contract work, etc....)

Thanks for the suggestion. Kristi Stumpf is a great coder, however she is a surgical coder and I am specifically looking for an E/M coder.

Thank you again.

Remote Coder

Hi Jessica - I had applied at Aviacode and have not heard back. I work for a very large orthopaedic practice (4 Specialty hospitals, 21 offices, 104 Surgeons, spanning all ortho specialties including Trauma, and Oncology.

Utilizing 1997 E&M exam, I audit and educate the physicians on a rotating basis, both office visits, and surgical services. Please email me at kagal0816@verizon.net. Thank You!

Karen Gallagher, CPC, COSC

Hi Karen,

I have your expertise listed in my database but I don't have anything that fits your experience right now. I will reach out to you once I have something available to see if you are interested. Feel free to contact me if you would like to update your experience as I have added more specialties to the spreadsheet.

thanks, Jen