Wiki Remote monitoring code - 93295 and getting paid/deceased patient.

mhaney

Contributor
Best answers
93295 (ICD remote monitoring) can only be billed once every 90 days. Patient is deceased prior to the full 90 day monitoring period but more than 30 days. If we bill with the patient's date of death we get denial for previously billing the service within 90 days. If we bill with the calendar date at day 91 we get a denial that date of death is prior to date of service. Any recommendations on the date of service to use or a way to get this paid? Thanks!

I don't know of any way you would be able to override either of these edits by changing your billing. You might try sending in a written appeal explaining the situation. If that doesn't work, I'd recommend just writing it off as this is not a high-dollar service and trying to fight it could cost more than the payment you'd ultimately get.

I don't know of any way you would be able to override either of these edits by changing your billing. You might try sending in a written appeal explaining the situation. If that doesn't work, I'd recommend just writing it off as this is not a high-dollar service and trying to fight it could cost more than the payment you'd ultimately get.
Thanks and I agree with your thoughts on this.