Wiki Remote E/M Coder for Family Practice Wanted - Contract Position

jschmutz

Guru
Best answers
Remote E/M Coder for Family Practice Wanted - Contract Position

Aviacode is seeking remote medical contract coders to code Family Practice charts on the physician side. This is an ongoing, remote, work from home position.

Reports to: Coding Manager
Employment Status: Remote Contracted Position
Start Date: October 27, 2014

Responsibilities:
  • Coding Family Practice and Primary Care Charts for physicians
  • E/M and in-office procedure coding

Qualifications:
  • Must have 3+ years of coding experience
  • CPC-FP preferred, but not necessary
  • Family Practice coding experience including in-office procedures (immunizations, vaccinations, hearing tests, vision screenings, breathing treatments, etc)
  • Ability to recognize surgical global periods in any setting
  • Know and understand teaching guidelines
  • Commitment of a MINIMUM of 200 charts a week (may code more)
  • Working knowledge of coding in EPIC system a plus, but not a requirement.
  • Pass a coding test.

About this position:
This is a family medicine/primary care clinic on EPIC that has about 6500 charts a month they needed coded. This position is paid per visit note that is coded based on productivity. This is an ongoing position with the possibility of a promotion to a FTE supervisory salaried position at the discretion of the coding manager.

If you feel this work is for you and you meet ALL the above requirements please send an email to kris.cottrell@aviacode.com using the subject header, "TH Family Med Coder - INSERT YOUR NAME" and in the body of the email please summarize your family med coding experience.

About Aviacode:
Aviacode is a premier provider of technology-enabled medical coding and auditing services. Our proprietary software and dynamic workflow improves the accuracy and efficiency of medical coding. Healthcare providers who use our accurate and compliant coding services experience optimized reimbursements and fewer denials.

Last edited:
Currently work with Aviacode

Hi there, I currently work under Kristi Kaseman for Warren hospital and I am training tomorrow morning to help out with Alliance readiology but I also have a lot of experience in FP and I code multispecialty surgeries in my job during the day. I have been contemplating working remote full time. I still have a lot of time that I can be coding part time remotely and would love to help if Kristi is ok with that too. I could get her work done then work on FP pretty much daily. Please email me at sheri.mccoy52880@gmail.com if this would be a possibility. Thank you. Sheri McCoy, CPC