Wiki Remote Coding

puggles

Networker
Best answers
Hi! I have been hearing alot lately about remote coding. Can someone that has been doing this please tell me what is involved in it? Is this coding from home? Any information is helpful.

Thanks

Yes, remote coding (some call it contract coding) is usually done from home. I've been working a full-time coding job, plus coding from home for over 3 years now. The way most work is you sign onto the company's data base, and everything you need to code each case is scanned into their system. Some companies pay hourly, some pay by the case. Since you are essentially self employed, there are usually no benefits, other than maybe
a 401-K plan option, and possibly health insurance.
Most companies require 3-5 years experience to even consider hiring someone to do coding from home.
If you are looking to apply, you can actually just use google or any search engine, and type in anything concerning coding from home...it will usually bring up the major companies to apply to.
Hope this helped!

:)

I just signed on with Clinical Coding Solutions. They pay per completed chart and the rate varies depending on the client you are coding for. The rate is good enough to supplement my current salary to make it worth my time. They do have minimum production requirements per week. But they are very doable.

remote coding

the Coding Source is a great company to work for, they are based in California and also offer training at the office before they send you out, at least they did for the project I am working on. They always have some type of projects going on where they need remote and travel coders and have like 300 coders right now and are looking for more. There are others as well, and the Coding Source and some others have been on the INC Top 500 list over the past years. i have seen postings on AAPC and other websites for several others as well.

I appreciate the responses. I have been coding for over 5 years now and I work full time at a hospital, but would like something do to from home maybe in the evenings and on weekends. The extra pay would be helpful for my family.