Wiki Remote coding

Blackhorse

Guru
Best answers
I have a question for remote coders. Do you have to work only at your home address? Can you work while traveling? Any VPN issues when working at a different address?

I believe this will depend on your employer. Some remote workers simply need internet access. Some employers require the employee to be in a particular state or states. Some require the employee to only be somewhere in the US. Some remote employees must use a company provided computer for access.
I am hybrid and have on occasion worked other than my home (but in the same state) without any issues on a company provided laptop that only requires internet access.

I'm remote, and have been provided a laptop/monitor and office phone to babysit from my employer. Everything is internet/cloud based, so I can work from home or anywhere that has internet. (The phone also has to go thru internet.)
I'm also a live in pet sitter so when I have an extended job doing that I pick up my "office" and go where the critter is. so far as long as they have high speed internet, it has worked fine. I just set it up and test it IN ADVANCE. I have not yet gone out of state, I think I would just want to make sure with "IT" and Providers that all networks would be secure for data safety before I try that.

I believe this will depend on your employer. Some remote workers simply need internet access. Some employers require the employee to be in a particular state or states. Some require the employee to only be somewhere in the US. Some remote employees must use a company provided computer for access.
I am hybrid and have on occasion worked other than my home (but in the same state) without any issues on a company provided laptop that only requires internet access.
Thank you.

I'm remote, and have been provided a laptop/monitor and office phone to babysit from my employer. Everything is internet/cloud based, so I can work from home or anywhere that has internet. (The phone also has to go thru internet.)
I'm also a live in pet sitter so when I have an extended job doing that I pick up my "office" and go where the critter is. so far as long as they have high speed internet, it has worked fine. I just set it up and test it IN ADVANCE. I have not yet gone out of state, I think I would just want to make sure with "IT" and Providers that all networks would be secure for data safety before I try that.
Thank you.