Wiki Remote Coding

Best answers
Does anyone do remote coding? If so what company is the best to work for. Is it a secure job in coding? How long have you worked for your specific company? Wondering if there is a lot of turn over....

Hi there:

I've worked remotely for a few different companies. My current employer is Precyse Solutions and I've been with them nearing three years come this Sept.

My position is secure, I receive full benefits, paid time off, company computer, they provide a stipend to purchase coding books of your choice and also provide free education with CEU's. They are a fair company to be employed with. They are constantly hiring, due to growth, not turnaround.

I believe my experience with working with other remote companies has prepared me to be successful as a remote coder. You still have to work a 8 hour day, and also satisfy QA accuracy too. Some folks think they can work remotely and babysit at the same time or do other tasks. Believe me, you cannot---you are expected to work a full 8 hour day and meet set production and quality expectations. If you can commit to working a solid 8 hours a day, then you will be successful as a remote coder.

Best of Luck

Deb K.

Thank you!

Thank you so much for that information! I am nervous, but I'm definitely looking forward to it. I can commit to 8 hours a day. It'll be nice not having to drive 20 plus minutes to and then from work. I'm excited for this new journey. If everything goes well I'll be doing remote coding within a few weeks. Some people say it sounds to good to be true and I was already nervous, but you make me feel a lot better. Thank you!