Wiki Remote coders: Tell me about your day. :)

jlynnhowe

Networker
Best answers
I'd like to know more about how a remote coder works. I've always coded onsite but I'm looking for remote PRN work. What do you like? What do you hate? How do you ensure your home office is HIPAA compliant?

Any advice is more than welcome!

I have a home office with a lock on the door. I have a locking file cabinet. When I am working, the door is closed and my husband knows not to enter.

Thank you @greatbiller! I was thinking of a lockable computer console for my home office, maybe even a nice rolltop desk.

Would you mind telling me how your productivity is measured? Per record?

I code radiology for two clients. One client pays per hour, and the other client pays a set amount per report. I am a 1099 contractor with both clients. For my per report client, my productivity is tracked by their software. For my other client, I am expected to code x number of reports per week - depending on exam complexity. How many reports per day I can code is dependent on type of exam. For routine radiology, I can code upwards of 60 cases per hour. For more complex modalities, productivity is substantially less.

I hope that answers your questions! Sorry for the delayed response, I have been busy!

I code radiology for two clients. One client pays per hour, and the other client pays a set amount per report. I am a 1099 contractor with both clients. For my per report client, my productivity is tracked by their software. For my other client, I am expected to code x number of reports per week - depending on exam complexity. How many reports per day I can code is dependent on type of exam. For routine radiology, I can code upwards of 60 cases per hour. For more complex modalities, productivity is substantially less.

I hope that answers your questions! Sorry for the delayed response, I have been busy!

Wow you are good...:0