Wiki Reconstruction complete RTC

llichter

Best answers
I was wanted some feedback on when to use this code in a torn rotator cuff. When our Dr. dictates massive RTC say involving supraspinatus and infraspinatus can we use this?
I had some literature that said 3 or 4 of the four major muscles or tendons of the shoulder cuff had to be torn to use this. Any help appreciated.

I was wanted some feedback on when to use this code in a torn rotator cuff. When our Dr. dictates massive RTC say involving supraspinatus and infraspinatus can we use this?
I had some literature that said 3 or 4 of the four major muscles or tendons of the shoulder cuff had to be torn to use this. Any help appreciated.

You are right in regards to the # of muscles/tendons. But an AAOS shoulder doc stated that the difference between a rcr and reconstruction is what the doc states it is. Found it interesting..But if your doc uses some type of graft to repair the RC you would be justified in the reconstruction code. Remember the reconstruction code includes an acrimioplasty while the RCR does not. Hope this helps.