Wiki recommend coding book bundle for remote coder?

Kiracodes

Networker
Best answers
I just got my first remote coding position (Part Time) and I will need to purchase a new bundle of books for 2013. In the past I have had books (Ingenix/Optum) provided to me by the company I work for Full Time but I don't want to lug home books every night and I would only have access to an ICD9 book that I wouldn't have to share daily.

I am going to need to get ICD9 CM Vol 1/2, CPT, and more than likely a HCPCS vol 1/2.

I have used both the AMA Professional CPT and the Ingenix Expert CPT.
But I have only ever used the Ingenix Expert editions of ICD9 and HCPCS.

What is the best bundle/brand to get if I am going to be working as a remote coder and doing alot of things on my own? I will be coding for Emergency Room.

Thanks in advance!

I recommend either the AAPC ICD-9 books or Channel publishing as they are the least expensive. For the CPT I only ever recommend the AMA version as it is the best.

is there a big difference between the AAPC Procedural Coding Expert and the AMA CPT Professional? Which one is better to use given the option?

Book bundles

I buy the book bundle from AAPC for my students. They love them and they are very cost effecient. I always choose the bundle with the AMA Professional CPC book.

the reason I am asking about the AAPC Procedural coding Expert is that it is a combination of the official AMA CPT codes and descriptions (isn't this the same as the AMA professional codes?) and then paired with CMS rules and guidelines which I would think would be helpful as an at home coder?

The bundle is $45 cheaper and the only difference is the CPT book in that bundle.

Just trying to get as much info as possible :)