Wiki Really getting discouraged

Best answers
I got my certification last month. I was so excited to get a job, but now I'm realizing that it's pretty much impossible for somebody with a CPC-A to get one. Everybody wants you to have at least 2 years experience, but how am I supposed to get the experience if I can't get hired?? It's honestly ridiculous at this point. I was a SAHM for the past 7 years, so I don't think that's helping me either. I'm just ready to get back into the workforce, but this doesn't seem to be panning out

I am in the same situation as you are. I got my CPC in April of 2023. I have 6 years of healthcare experience and 2 of those being a front office representative. I have applied to many places and all of them are rejecting me. Even within the organization I work for they are not counting any of my experience. This is so discouraging!!

I got my certification last month. I was so excited to get a job, but now I'm realizing that it's pretty much impossible for somebody with a CPC-A to get one. Everybody wants you to have at least 2 years experience, but how am I supposed to get the experience if I can't get hired?? It's honestly ridiculous at this point. I was a SAHM for the past 7 years, so I don't think that's helping me either. I'm just ready to get back into the workforce, but this doesn't seem to be panning out
hey, I do come across companies that hire cpc-a. I recommend getting "cpc-a jobs" alerts with linkedin and google
apply to this company, they hire cpc-a. good luck and keep searching.

My advise is to have your resume looked at first. Then, apply to ANY position to get a foot in the door to prove yourself. I started as an Extern, then verified insurance. I took that knowledge with me to my first coding job that was 10 years ago. Look at billing, front desk, collections...anything in healthcare. I did collections, in addition to coding, and found lots of coding mistakes. Your knowledge will either be put to good use or built upon. It's all up to you. Finding a job is humbling but not impossible.

I understand your frustration - I, too, was receiving rejections after rejections but I finally got hired and I'll be starting next month even with an CPC-A.

I would recommend either having your resume being looked at and/or use ChatGPT - it helped reformat my resume A LOT.

Apply the job no matter what even if it says you need "X amount of years" because you just need that ONE company/person to give you a chance/opportunity.