Wiki Questions on CPC Certification

DMC1123

Best answers
Hello, I am taking my CPC certification on June 18th and have two questions..one i was curious to know if anyone had any pointers on the test for those who already took it. Two I was curious to know if we were allowed to tab your books to help find the codes easier and a lil faster instead of looking through it. If anyone can help please email me at redviolin98@gmail.com

Yes! I was told you can tab your books for easy reading and also write notes within your book for reminders on things. Albeit, not too long of notes, but just notations. I wish you the best. I am going also and have come down with a cough, but I just don't want to put it off.

Let me know how it goes for you!

:)

I passed my CPC test last June. The best advice I could give anybody taking the test is to manage your time wisely and don’t get flustered! If you don’t think you can find an answer right away, skip it and come back to it at the end. The time goes very quickly! Every time I looked at the clock another hour flew by. I finished just in time to look over my answers and I even felt I used a reasonable amount of time on each question. You are able to tab and write notes in your book- and this definitely helps! I had notes for anatomy written down and some prefixes and suffixes. Just make sure you know your book and where all the different sections are. As my teacher said too- You are not trying to get a perfect score, just a high enough score to pass! I was talking to a few people when I arrived at my test and there were a good amount that were taking the test for the second time and this made me especially nervous- so have confidence!! GOOD LUCK!

Just a little addition to Jed....reading all the guidelines in the CPT and ICD book and highlighting things helped me immensely. Getting a good night's sleep and bringing quiet snacks for brainfood helped also. Relax and good luck!