Wiki QMB

Chill74

Contributor
Best answers
I have been billing for an Orthopedic surgeon's office for a little more than a year. When I was trained, I was trained to never put the Medicaid in under the HMO. That when it is secondary to Medicare or Medicare advantage it should always be just traditional Medicaid. MY emr system seems to not agree, any feedback is appreciated.

I have been billing for an Orthopedic surgeon's office for a little more than a year. When I was trained, I was trained to never put the Medicaid in under the HMO. That when it is secondary to Medicare or Medicare advantage it should always be just traditional Medicaid. MY emr system seems to not agree, any feedback is appreciated.

QMB can be enrolled in a Medicaid managed care plan. It is a state decision - your state may require traditional Medicaid for QMB, which could be why you were trained that way.

Your EMR is probably designed to accommodate the possibility of a Managed Medicaid plan, because it is allowable in other states. It may be possible to modify that field if it is causing problems for you. That's something you could perhaps ask your EMR department or vendor?