Wiki Pulmonary angiogram/thrombectomy

Jess1125

Expert
Best answers
Hi All,

Can you please help me with this portion of a cardiac catheterization note? I have ideas on codes but want to put question out there because I'm not 100%. First time I've seen this done with cath:

PULMONARY ANGIOGRAM DATA: The pulmonary angiogram was performed with 5-French pigtail placed in the main pulmonary artery and it demonstrates left pulmonary artery main branch was thrombotically total occluded. The right pulmonary artery seems to be still having flow.
PULMONARY THROMBECTOMY DATA: A 7-French JR4 guiding catheter was placed in the left pulmonary artery and subsequently a thrombectomy was performed. It removed a moderate amount of clots. Subsequently, the femoral sheath was upsized to 8-French. Then, 8-French JR4 was used to perform thrombectomy, which removed moderate amount of clots. Then, a 7-French Swan-Ganz catheter was placed in the left pulmonary artery. Then, after that, 2 mg TPA was given in a bolus. This was followed by 1 mg per hour infusion with saline bolus. Patient will be placed on Heparin systemically.

Would I be looking at 75743.26 and 37186????

Jessica CPC, CCC