Wiki Ptca help

staticsis2

Best answers
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reaching out for help regarding stent billing.

If my doc performs a 92921 with 92928 -would I only bill these codes and not a placement of catheter? I am so used to billing a LHC and then a stent being performed, however; on this one case he only performed the above? Would Catheter placement be included?

Thank you in advance for your help.

PTCA vs Stent

You may bill the 92928 with the appropriate modifier (LD,LC,RC,LM,RM) and the 92921 ONLY if it is a branch of the one stented. If it is a different vessel or branch of a different vessel, then you would bill 92920 with a 59 modifier. If the Dr. stented the same vessel as he angioplastied, you only bill the stent charge and not the angioplasty. So, if he angioplastied the LAD and then stented the LAD, regardless if it is in a different area of the LAD, you only bill the stent procedure.
You may bill the diagnostic cath if he performed a complete study and one was not done previously or if it was determined during the diagnostic cath, it was necessary to intervene.
All selective catheter placements are included as well as S&I.
Hope this helps!