Wiki Psychiatry billing in nursing home

vallanc1

New
Best answers
I need some guidance. I am with a mental health group practice and we are going to start seeing some patients in a nursing home (at the nursing home). I am not sure if we would use 99304 - 99310 codes or would we use the E & M codes 99201 - 99215. Since the 99201 - 99215 codes state office & outpatient, that is why I was questioning which codes. We will also be doing some psychotherapy. I know we would change our place of service from 11 to 31 or 32. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Does anyone have any information that can answer this question. I now have a physician who will be giving psychotherapy to a patient in a nursing home as well. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks

RE: Psych Billing In Nursing Home

I handle billing for a psych practice that sees patients solely in the nursing homes. The psychiatrists and nurse practitioners always bill the 99304-99310 and bill the add-on codes for psychotherapy when applicable. The psychologists and social workers always bill 90791 for what they consider capacity evaluations and then the psychotherapy codes 90832, 90834, 90837, etc.

Hope this points you in the right direction! :)

Samantha