Wiki PRQS Measure #30 in a Medically Directed Environment

missyah20

Guru
Best answers
Good Afternoon,
I had a question brought up to me regarding the reporting of Measure #30 in a medically directed environment. I work for a billing company that mainly does billing for CRNA groups.

If the CRNA is being medically directed by an Anesthesiologist and the anesthesiologist orders and administers the antiobiotic do both the MDA and the CRNA report measure #30 on their claims?

Also in my understanding of the numerator for this measure it doesn't appear to matter who orders the antiobiotic, correct?

Thanks!

Question 1: Can both the Anesthesiologist and CRNA or AA receive credit if PQRI Measure #30 (antibiotic prophylactic timing) is submitted?

Answer 1: Any eligible professional with privileges to perform the clinical action described in Measure #30 can report CPT® II codes on the Medicare FFS claim. Therefore, both the anesthesiologist and the CRNA or AA may report Measure #30 (antibiotic prophylactic timing) if the actions described in the measure specification were performed for a given case. There is no medical direction issue or need to allocate the measure to one or the other of the clinicians

http://www.anesthesiallc.com/compon...e-physician-quality-reporting-initiative-pqri