Wiki Pronouncement

Gemini18

Expert
Best answers
Who gets the credit for calling the pronouncement?

I have a physician (Dr. A) who did a prouncement on a patient for another doctor (Dr. B), because he was not in the hospital at the time.

Dr. B was actually following the patient in the hospital and wants to do the discharge summary.

I know the physician who actually pronounce can bill -- in this case, what do I do?

Was he covering as an arrangement to where the original provider would actually bill or was he just covering because the original provider was not there and is billing for his own services?

If this is a reciprocal arrangement I would say the original provider gets it. If it is not, then the provider that did the prouncement is the only one that can bill the discharge is my understanding.

Laura, CPC, CEMC

Was he covering as an arrangement to where the original provider would actually bill or was he just covering because the original provider was not there and is billing for his own services?

If this is a reciprocal arrangement I would say the original provider gets it. If it is not, then the provider that did the prouncement is the only one that can bill the discharge is my understanding.

Laura, CPC, CEMC

I agree with Laura....you need to determine if this was a reciprocal arrangement or not, and that will guide your billing.....