Wiki Prolonged services time statement 99417/G2212

nlbarnes

Expert
Best answers
Hello - the provider has 90 minutes spent on various activities documented including driving in to see the patient after hours. Driving time isn't allowed, is it?

Also, does anyone have the source if driving time is not allowed? I'm going to need it for the provider. Anything I've Googled, this specifically doesn't come up.

Last edited:
The CPT carves out three areas where time cannot be counted: travel time, time spent on procedures that are separately billable, and teaching time that is general in nature. If you are using the CPT published by the AMA this guidance is on page 13-14. In all other publications just look in the EM guidelines section and it would be the next to last section before the EM codes start. I know I would probably have to share this with the provider, so I wanted to give you the reference page in case you do also.

The CPT carves out three areas where time cannot be counted: travel time, time spent on procedures that are separately billable, and teaching time that is general in nature. If you are using the CPT published by the AMA this guidance is on page 13-14. In all other publications just look in the EM guidelines section and it would be the next to last section before the EM codes start. I know I would probably have to share this with the provider, so I wanted to give you the reference page in case you do also.
Thank you.