Wiki Pregnancy Global with Multiple Providers

drhunter

Best answers
I work for a physician practice group with two different OB offices that have 3 MD's. Recently one of the providers asked why we did not bill for when he would admit an OB patient of one of the other doctors. For example, we will be billing 59400 for Doctor A, but Doctor B would do the inpatient admit and/or discharge for when they delivery took place. I was unsure on how to answer his inquiry because when I was trained, I was told that we do not bill the admit/discharge because we us the same Tax ID for the entire practice group. Is this the correct reasoning, or is there additional information I can give the doctor as to why we do not bill these services; or are we wrong in thinking that the admit/discharge cannot be billed and should have been submitting claims for these all along. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

The global ob cpt includes the admit for delivery and the discharge. Billing them seperatly would be unbundling. Check out the defination of the global package on the ACOG website as a resource to site to your providers.