Wiki Pregnancy complication dx vs v22.2

Best answers
we are having a debate on what the dx's should be.
scenario:
'Patient presents to urgent care center for evaluation after a motor vehicle accident earlier in the day. She gives a history of being pregnant and HIV positive but without any HIV associated symptoms. the patient is released to home with instructions to take ibuprofen for pain and to follow up with her primary care physician and obstetricians.'

Some want it to be 646.93, but I say its wrong bcus the patient is not having a pregnancy complication.
if the dx should be v22.2 or v22.1 is there a coding guideline that this would be choses over 646.93?

You must use a code from chapter 11, as the first listed code unless the provider specifically documents that the current condition is not affecting the management of the pregnancy. This is specifically stated in the coding guidelines. Were there any injuries from the accident? This will determine which code to use. The chapter 11 code(630-677) must be coded first. I disagree with the 646 as this is not a complication of the pregnancy but a current condition complicating the management of the pregnancy which is a 648 code.

thank you 'mitchellde'. I read the guidelines but it wast sinking in that the provider must state that there is no pregnancy complication. I was thinking v71.4 then v22.2.
:)