Wiki Pre Employment Coding Test HELP!

jepcpc

Contributor
Best answers
Hi there. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a refresher coding webinar? I have been coding for 15+ years and left Internal Medicine in 2010 and started with Hospice. I would like to take some kind of a refresher course prior to the coding test that this employer is going to issue.

I am a little nervous about what I may not realize I have forgotten. Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I have not seen anywhere a webinar on Pre Employment Coding Test Preparation. Every company I am applying with now is requiring I come in FIRST to complete the coding test prior to starting the interview process. It is very nerve wracking not knowing these companies and how they do business. To blindly go into a company and be tested is very intimidating to say the least. I don't see anyone going into a brand new company, not having met ANYONE and expect to do well on their coding test. Anyone else experience this?? Suggestions??

Pre-employment testing

I just had my first interview for a coding position. I was not asked to take a "test" until the interview was finished. It was simple, one page, very basic questions and two cases to code. All I really needed to do to prepare for it was review the ICD-9 guidelines. So don't sweat this . . .

Also, each AAPC chapter usually conducts a review class once or twice a year in preparation for the CPC certification exam. The Dayton chapter just had a review class last Saturday, but there may be others nearby.

I hope that employers will view the CPC credential as sufficient for employment. It is easily verified through AAPC.