Wiki Practicode- Does it make it easier for a new coder to get a job?

buzznmee

New
Best answers
Hello, I am a seasoned Registered Nurse and have recently started to shift my career towards HIM. I have my CPC-A and like so many others no coding job. I am wondering if anyone that has completed the Practicode has been able to get a job more easily?
The Coding and Billing program I took racked up hundreds of hours with practice coding using the books and the 3M-encoder giving me a year of rigorous coding experience. Before sinking any more time and money into my coding career, I would just like to know if employers are really looking for a CPC without the A and still not having actual on the job training on their resume.
Thanks, any encouragement or information would be greatly appreciated.

Hello, I am a seasoned Registered Nurse and have recently started to shift my career towards HIM. I have my CPC-A and like so many others no coding job. I am wondering if anyone that has completed the Practicode has been able to get a job more easily?
The Coding and Billing program I took racked up hundreds of hours with practice coding using the books and the 3M-encoder giving me a year of rigorous coding experience. Before sinking any more time and money into my coding career, I would just like to know if employers are really looking for a CPC without the A and still not having actual on the job training on their resume.
Thanks, any encouragement or information would be greatly appreciated.

I was recently hired. I took the AAPC course, and practicode. Had my A removed on 7-11 and was hired on 8-2. I did not look for a position until I had my A removed, and I have 5 years previous coding/billing experience but it is fairly old experience. I also am a seasoned Certified Pharmacy Technician. I accepted an entry level position.

I believe it absolutely helps to have the A removed. A great deal of the positions I looked at stated no As in the ad.