Wiki Practicode Advice

vecowan

New
Best answers
Hi, I am around question 90 of the Practicode and really struggling. It took me 3 times to pass the CPC exam, but I finally did pass with an 80%. I started the Practicode Jan 2021 and that's how far I've gotten, mostly because I am thoroughly discouraged about the amount of time it takes me to complete a case, not to mention that I typically get 50-75% of it wrong. How do people get through this and how can a person get help with a) becoming faster and b) reading/interpreting cases and actually coming up with the correct answer? I have actually thought about going back to my former career (lab tech) because it's so difficult and discouraging. Thanks for your help in advance! Any help is much appreciated! Virginia

You should have gotten an email address from Practicode to use regarding particular cases that are in Practicode. Email that address when you have issues with how to code a case and they'll help you. I know I used it a lot.

I don't think I got an email address, but I will check again. I called the AAPC Medical Coding dept. and they told me to email my questions to Practicode@aapc.com, which I did, but have not heard anything back. That was 5 days ago.

I don't think I got an email address, but I will check again. I called the AAPC Medical Coding dept. and they told me to email my questions to Practicode@aapc.com, which I did, but have not heard anything back. That was 5 days ago.
Yes, that was the email address that you should have gotten when you signed up for Practicode. They were usually good about responding within 2 business days, so you should try emailing that one again. As I recall, I did have that issue at least once while I was using Practicode.