Wiki Practice w/out Clinic Manager

Best answers
I need some feedback. Our last practice manager quit a little over two years ago. Since that time our physician's spouse comes in for about two hours in the late afternoons to 'manage'. As billing manager, I've been stuck with a lot of extras. Payroll, tech support, ordering supplies etc... The manager comes in long enough to delegate and pay the clinic's bills and leaves. This is a HORRIBLE situation for the entire clinic and I don't know how to fix this. I've tried to discuss this with the manager, but he's not really a people person and only cares about saving the cost of a manager's salary. I'm at the point of looking for another job. Has anyone experienced anything similar? How did you handle it?

Time to move on

In my experience, if the company does not immediately try to replace the employee, they are not going to. As long as you will continue working and taking up the slack for the same pay, employers will take full advantage of that.

If you are ok with the additional work ask for additional pay. If they do not provide that, I would move on. You're only going to stress yourself and become angry at the employer which makes for very long days. And lets be real, you said it....They only care about saving that salary. Tells me they don't care about you. You deserve better. If you have to work, you should at least enjoy your work site.

Good Luck!